Welcome to the Galaxy family of volunteer-management products! We're so glad you decided to go with Galaxy, and our Customer Care Team is eager to help you get your new volunteer platform up and running!
Now that you're a new Galaxy client, your first step will be to engage in a launch call with one of our friendly Customer Care representatives. This conversation with Ali, Dave, Michelle, or Nina will last approximately 30 to 45 minutes, and it will both prepare you for the next steps and inspire you to confidently take the reins of your new platform.
Below is a list of the topics that a launch call typically covers. If you have questions about anything here, your Customer Care representative will be happy to address them during the call.
- Goals and Timeline: We'll ask you what your goals are your new Connect platform, as well as what kind of a timeline you have in mind for your launch. We typically recommend allowing four to six weeks from this call to the public launch, though some clients have launched successfully in less time, and others have taken longer in order to launch at a certain time (such as after a major event).
- Data: New clients who are switching from another volunteer-management system to a Galaxy Digital product will often have a wealth of data on the agencies and volunteers they've been working with. We can import all of that data into your new Connect product. In the launch call, we'll ask you what data (if any) you would like to have imported, and what steps you'll need to take to send us the data. We also provide information on our import policy.
- Training: One of your most important initial steps as a new site manager is to sign up for our available trainings! In the launch call, you'll learn what trainings you'll need to take, and how you can access those trainings.
- Domain/URL: The launch call covers the URL you'll want to use for your organization's Connect site. Your site will already have an alias domain URL, but if you want to use something different, your Customer Care representative can let you know what your options are.
- Design: You'll learn about the types of banners that will need to be uploaded to your site, and what information you may need to pass on to your marketing department or graphics person. If you don't have someone else handling your graphics for your organization, your Customer Care representative can point you to resources for developing eye-catching banners for your site.
- Google Analytics: You'll learn what you need to do in order to begin tracking visits and pageviews on your site.
- Agency Training: Separate from site manager training, agency training is important for anyone who will be posting needs on your platform on behalf of an agency or other program. Your Customer Care representative will go over the options available for getting your agency managers trained.
This is not an exhaustive list; depending on your platform's setup, we may not need to discuss everything here, or we may need to discuss much more. Our hope is that this list gives you an idea of what's covered in the launch call and helps you to prepare for this important conversation with Customer Care!