The organization you're signed up with might have text messaging enabled. This allows the site managers to notify you of important volunteer news, like when volunteers are needed for disaster response or a reminder to check out an upcoming volunteer event. You can opt in or out of text messages at any time! In this article, we cover:
How to opt-in to text messages
You can opt-in for text messages right from your profile!
1. Go to Edit Profile from your main menu. 2. Scroll until you see the Mobile number field under Basic Information.
3. Check the box beside Send me texts from this site.
4. Click Update Basic Information.
5. After you update your selection, a text message is sent to confirm your selection.
6. Reply YES to validate your number and receive text messages from that site!
How to opt out of text messages
You can opt out of text messages at any time!
1. Go to Edit Profile. 2. Scroll until you see the Mobile number field under Basic Information.
3. Select Stop Receiving Texts From This Site.4. Be sure to click Update Basic Information to save your changes.