If you are a team leader, you have certain team-management capabilities that regular team members don't have. This article focuses on how team leaders can use their My Teams area to manage their team information; view, add, and edit team members' volunteer hours; edit the team name and description; and unregister a team from a need.
To access your team management area, log into your site and select My Teams from your profile dropdown.
The My Teams page features a table listing of the teams you are on. The table shows the following information:
- Name of the team
- Title of the need responded to
- Title of the initiative, as applicable
- Name of the agency that posted the need
- Date the team was created
- Number of members; hover your cursor over the number to see each team member's first name and last name initial.
- Manage Team link; click here for more information.
Note: The number in the Members column reflects the total slots reserved. If a team has five reserved slots but has only filled two of them, the number in the Members column will still be "5".
For a team leader, the Options column displays a Manage Team link that takes you to the team's Need Response page; see Editing Team Information, below. This link is available for team creators and team leaders only; for anyone else viewing their My Team page, this link is replaced by an option to email the team leader.
The image above shows the Options column for someone who manages the team in the second row but is only a member (not a leader or creator) of the team in the first row.
If a need listed in the My Teams table is private, you will see a "lock" icon to the right of the need name. Because needs are public by default, non-private needs do not have a "lock" icon.
About Private Needs from Advanced Events
Advanced-event needs appear in the My Teams area, but many of the features described here are not available for advanced-event needs. In addition, if a team leader originally used a private advanced-event link (the "employee access link") to access the need, then they must use that private link return to the need description.
To manage your team, go to My Teams and click Manage Team for a selected team. You'll see a new area that has three sections:
- Team Members - Edit team member data, submit volunteer hours, and access other features described below.
- Team Hours - View the status of submitted hours and edit them as needed; learn more here.
- Team Information - View or edit the team name or description, as explained here.
The Team Members section includes many capabilities for you as a team leader.
Use this section to:
- Email team members - Click on a team member's email address to open the email form, or mark the checkboxes for multiple team members and click the Email Members button above the table.
Both actions will open an email form. Complete the form and click Send Email.
Note: Team members will not be able to respond to you by clicking a Reply button in their email. If you want them to respond, be sure to include your email address in the body of the email.
- Add or remove team members - If there are spaces available for the need, an Add Team Member button will be available above the table of team members. Click it to create new team-member responses. To remove a team member, click the X in the Options column, and then click Yes to confirm the deletion. To remove a reserved slot, click the Surrender a Reserved Slot button.
- Send a link to potential team members to join the team - In lieu of adding team members manually, you can send a "team join link" to potential team members. When they click the link, they'll be taken to a page where they can learn more about the need and join the team. To copy the link to your clipboard, click the Copy Join Link button above the table.
- View the team's resume - This PDF displays a team's hours and responses for the past six months in an attractive, easy-to-read format. Only a team creator, team leader, or site manager can access the resume initially, but the link can be emailed to anyone to view. To copy the link to your clipboard, click the Copy Resume Link button above the table.
Note: Some Connect sites may use a different term than "résumé." Your site may not reflect the exact wording shown in this article.
- Edit a team member's response - Click the "pencil" icon in the Options column to access a team member's response for editing.
You cannot edit their name or email, but you can edit other fields, such as user group, response questions, and initiative questions.
- Add or change team leaders - To add or change team leaders, mark or clear the applicable check boxes in the Leader column of the Team Members table.
- Submit volunteer hours - Click the "hourglass" icon in the Options table to submit hours on behalf of a single team member. To submit hours for multiple members, mark the check boxes to the left of the members' names, and then click the Add Default Hours button above the table.
Note: To select all team members, mark the check box in the table's heading row.
- View hours statuses for team members - Click the Table Filter to see what hours have already been submitted for team members, and what the statuses of those hours are.
Note: Before adding hours, check to see if a team member has already submitted the hours.
While you can add hours for a volunteer in Team Members , you can use the Team Hours section to view and edit those hours.
To edit the Date, Hours, and other fields for submitted volunteer hours, click the "pencil" icon in the Options column. Click Submit Hour Entry to save your changes.
Note: You can only edit hours that have a status of pending. Once hours have been approved or denied, a team leader cannot change them.
The Team Information section of the Team Response area displays the team name and description in editable fields.
If you change the name or description, remember to click Update Team to save your changes.
Note: If you wish to unregister from a team response and you are the team leader, you must assign another team leader before you will be allowed to unregister.
If you must unregister your team from a need, the agency manager will be notified immediately via email and in-app messaging.
To delete your team's response:
- From your profile dropdown, select My Teams.
You'll be taken to a table listing all of the teams you're a part of, whether as a team member or a team leader.
- Click Manage Team, located in the Options column, for the team you wish to unregister.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Unregister Team.
- Click Yes to confirm the unregistration.
Note: You cannot re-register a team once you have unregistered it.