This article is for Connect site managers. It covers the following topics:
- About User Group Join Questions
- Adding and Editing User Group Join Questions
- Viewing and Editing Responses to User Group Join Questions
- Exporting Responses to User Group Join Questions
For more detailed information on user groups, see the Managing User Groups section of our Help Center.
User group join questions appear when a volunteer clicks the user group join link to join a user group or course. For universities, colleges, and sites that offer court-ordered community service opportunities, user group questions are a great way to collect important information from users as they join the user group. Here's what a couple of user group questions might look like to an individual being added to a "Court-Mandated Service Hours" user group:
You can add as many user group join questions as you need. Questions can be in any of the formats described in Collecting Data with Custom Questions.
To add join questions to a user group:
- From your site manager panel, go to Volunteerism > User Groups and click on the user group to open the Edit User Group page.
- Scroll down to the Join Questions section.
- Click Add Join Question.
- Complete the Add Custom Question form.
For detailed instructions on creating custom questions, see Collecting Data with Custom Questions.
- Click Save Custom Question. The question now appears in the Join Questions table for the user group.
To edit a join question, click the "pencil" icon under the Options heading for that question. To delete a join question, click the X, and then click Yes to confirm.
Note: If you delete a question, all of the associated answers are deleted as well.
You can view or edit a user's responses to user group join questions from their profile and from the user group management page.
To view or edit responses from the user's profile, go to Volunteerism > Users and click on the user's name to open their profile. Next, click User Groups. Click the "pencil" icon for the group to view the user's answers:
In the Edit User Group Questions text box that appears, you can make changes as needed. Click the Update User Group Questions button to save your changes.
To view or edit responses from the user-group management page, go to Volunteerism > User Groups, click on the user group, and scroll down to the User Group Members section. Click the "pencil" icon for the user group member you wish the view or edit.
To export responses to a user group's join questions, go to Volunteerism > User Groups and select the user group. Scroll down to the User Group Members section and click Export Members. The export downloads automatically and includes the following information for each user group member:
- User ID, first and last name, email address
- Date the user was added to the user group
- Answers to join questions (one column per question)