This article applies to all Connect site administrators.
All Connect sites use specific terms with specific meanings ("need," "cause," and "agency" are a few examples). If your organization wants to use a different term (for example, "opportunity" instead of "need"), you can request to have the term changed, or overridden, throughout your platform.
Note: Language-override items will not be translated for sites using the French-translation option.
Listed below are the Get Connected terms that we can change for you:
- advanced event
- block (available for SLM clients only)
- employee (used for "Employee Access Link" in advanced events)
- fan (as a noun)
- fanned (verb)
- favorite (for the Favorite Agencies feature)
- group (version 1.0)
- Help (button on 2.0 dashboard)
- leader (available for SLM clients only; does not apply to team leaders)
- opportunity (Community Connect only)
- phrase (appears in the search dropdowns; can be replaced by "word," keyword," etc.)
- program (Community Connect only)
Note: The terms response and respondent cannot be overridden.
- skill (Community Connect only)
- SLM (available for SLM clients only)
- time-specific (shows up on agency profile page as "time-specific needs" listing most recently posted advanced-event needs)
- user group
- ZIP code
In addition, the following phrases found on the site can be overridden:
- Click here to register your organization. (Appears on the logged-out landing page for nonprofit managers who wish to create an agency account on a Connect site.)
Note: The "Click here to register your organization" text replaced the previous default text ("Do you represent an agency? Learn what Get Connected can do for you.") in March 2018.
- Complete survey (shows up on the button when someone completes a survey in Get Connected; language override is useful if you are using the survey tool as a sign-up or registration tool, and not for an actual survey)
- From the Blog (default blog heading)
- Get Connected (appears on the main page of some sites as "Learn what Get Connected can do for you." When clicked, it takes the user to the agency signup page.)
- Get Involved, Make a Difference (the message on the main page your platform for a user who is not logged in)
- I am at least 13 years of age. (statement that appears on the sign-up page for new users)
- I have read and agree to the volunteer waiver. (waiver text for standard needs and/or advanced-event needs).
Note: If you request new wording for the waiver text, specify whether you want the change for standard needs, advanced-event needs, or both.
- making a donation to your local United Way (shows up in pop-up once someone has responded to a need or made a donation through the Connect site)
- Our Community (appears above the image rotator on the user dashboard)
- Return to Our Website (button that appears in the utility bar at the top of any page in the non-manager view of the site)
- Students Login Here (for sites using single sign-on)
- Who we are (from the agency profile)
- What we do (from the agency profile)
- Volunteer Now (button that appears on the dashboard for users who are not logged in)
Click here to contact us and request a change.