This article applies to all Connect site administrators.
All Connect sites use specific terms with specific meanings ("need," "cause," and "agency" are a few examples). If your organization wants to use a different term (for example, "opportunity" instead of "need"), you can request to have the term changed, or overridden, throughout your platform.
Listed below are the Get Connected terms that we can change for you:
- advanced event
- block (available for SLM clients only)
- employee (used for "Employee Access Link" in advanced events)
- fan (as a noun)
- fanned (verb)
- favorite (for the Favorite Agencies feature)
- group (version 1.0)
- Help (button on 2.0 dashboard)
- leader (available for SLM clients only; does not apply to team leaders)
- opportunity (Community Connect only)
- phrase (appears in the search dropdowns; can be replaced by "word," keyword," etc.)
- program (Community Connect only)
Note: The terms response and respondent cannot be overridden.
- skill (Community Connect only)
- SLM (available for SLM clients only)
- time-specific (shows up on agency profile page as "time-specific needs" listing most recently posted advanced-event needs)
- user group
- ZIP code
In addition, the following phrases found on the site can be overridden:
- Click here to register your organization. (Appears on the logged-out landing page for nonprofit managers who wish to create an agency account on a Connect site.)
Note: The "Click here to register your organization" text replaced the previous default text ("Do you represent an agency? Learn what Get Connected can do for you.") in March 2018.
- Complete survey (shows up on the button when someone completes a survey in Get Connected; language override is useful if you are using the survey tool as a sign-up or registration tool, and not for an actual survey)
- From the Blog (default blog heading)
- Get Connected (appears on the main page of some sites as "Learn what Get Connected can do for you." When clicked, it takes the user to the agency signup page.)
- Get Involved, Make a Difference (the message on the main page your platform for a user who is not logged in)
- I am at least 13 years of age. (statement that appears on the sign-up page for new users)
- I have agreed to the waiver. (waiver text for standard needs and/or advanced-event needs).
Note: If you request new wording for the waiver text, specify whether you want the change for standard needs, advanced-event needs, or both.
- making a donation to your local United Way (shows up in pop-up once someone has responded to a need or made a donation through the Connect site)
- Our Community (appears above the image rotator on the user dashboard)
- Return to Our Website (button that appears in the utility bar at the top of any page in the non-manager view of the site)
- Students Login Here (for sites using single sign-on)
- Who we are (from the agency profile)
- What we do (from the agency profile)
- Volunteer Now (button that appears on the dashboard for users who are not logged in)
Click here to contact us and request a change.