This article applies to all Connect site administrators.
All Connect sites use specific terms with specific meanings ("need," "cause," and "agency" are a few examples). If your organization wants to use a different term (for example, "opportunity" instead of "need"), you can request to have the term changed, or overridden, throughout your platform.
Note: Language-override items will not be translated for sites using the French-translation option.
Listed below are the Get Connected terms that we can change for you.
- advanced event
- block (available for SLM clients only)
- employee (used for "Employee Access Link" in advanced events)
- fan (as a noun)
- fanned (verb)
- favorite (for the Favorite Agencies feature)
- group (version 1.0)
- Help (button on 2.0 dashboard)
- leader (available for SLM clients only; does not apply to team leaders)
- miles (appears in the "Miles Traveled" field of the hour-submission form)
- opportunity (Community Connect only)
- partner (traditionally used to designate partner agencies)
- phrase (appears in the search dropdowns; can be replaced by "word," keyword," etc.)
- program (Community Connect only)
- recent (appears in the "Recent Agencies" and "Recent Needs" headings on the volunteer dashboard)
Note: The terms response and respondent cannot be overridden.
- résumé/resume (as in "volunteer resume")
- skill (Community Connect only)
- SLM (available for SLM clients only)
- time-specific (shows up on agency profile page as "time-specific needs" listing most recently posted advanced-event needs)
- user group
- volunteer (as adjective: volunteer hours, volunteer schedule, volunteer email, etc.)
- waiver (override applies to both eSign and click-wrap waivers)
- worked (appears in the "Hours Worked" field of the hour-submission form)
- ZIP code
- Click here to register your organization.(Appears on the logged-out landing page for nonprofit managers who wish to create an agency account on a Connect site.)
Note: The "Click here to register your organization" text replaced the previous default text ("Do you represent an agency? Learn what Get Connected can do for you.") in March 2018.
- Complete survey (shows up on the button when someone completes a survey in Get Connected; language override is useful if you are using the survey tool as a sign-up or registration tool, and not for an actual survey)
- From the Blog (default blog heading)
- Get Connected (appears on the main page of some sites as "Learn what Get Connected can do for you." When clicked, it takes the user to the agency signup page.)
- Get Involved, Make a Difference (the message on the main page your platform for a user who is not logged in)
- I am at least 13 years of age. (statement that appears on the sign-up page for new users)
- I have read and agree to the volunteer waiver.(waiver text for standard needs and/or advanced-event needs).
Notes: (1) If you request new wording for the waiver text, specify whether you want the change for standard needs, advanced-event needs, or both. (2) The "volunteer" and "waiver" overrides to not apply to this item. If you are overriding either of those terms on your site, a second override will be needed here.
- Making a donation to your local United Way (shows up in pop-up once someone has responded to a need or made a donationthrough the Connect site)
Note: You can disable the pop-up completely in your Settings > Main Settings area.
- Miles Traveled (appears in the "Miles Traveled" field of the hour-submission form)
- Our Community (appears above the image rotator on the user dashboard)
- Return to Our Website (button that appears in the utility bar at the top of any page in the non-manager view of the site)
- Students Login Here (for sites using single sign-on)
- Sterling Volunteers (as a phrase rather than individual words, appears on the agency profile)
- Volunteer Now (button that appears on the dashboard for users who are not logged in)
- Who we are (from the agency profile)
- What we do (from the agency profile)
Click here to contact us and request a change.