This article is geared toward site managers. If you are a volunteer, agency manager, or other site user who wishes to opt out of email messages, see Managing Your Volunteer Profile.
Some site users do not wish to receive email messages, and they have the option of "opting out" of all messages generated from your site, including email blasts and automated notifications. Volunteers can opt out using two methods:
- By clicking the "Unsubscribe" link included in email messages generated from your site.
- By going to their profile and changing the email setting, as described in Managing Your Volunteer Profile.
Note: When opting out of messages, users opt out of all messages. At this time there is no way to opt out of certain types of messages and not others.
As a site manager you can also change the opt-out setting for a user:
From your site manager panel, go to Volunteerism > Users.
- Click on the user's name to open their profile. (You may need to run a search on the user's name in order to find it.)
- Scroll down to the Settings area.
- For Receive system emails and messages, switch to OFF.
- Click Update Settings.
The user will not be notified that they have been opted out of emails.
Notes on Opting Out
Here are some important things to know about opting out of Connect emails:
- Because notifications include response confirmations, reminders, followups, and messages about any changes made to volunteer opportunities a person has responded to, we do not recommend opting out of emails.
- Agency managers in particular should not opt out of emails, since they will miss email notifications about responses to needs they have posted.
- All email messages are copies to a user's in-app messaging inbox. If someone does opt out of emails, they can still access in-app messages.
- The opt-out setting does not apply to the password-reset email. If someone forgets their password and uses the password-reset feature, they will receive an email with a link to reset their password.