As a site manager, you can periodically review volunteers' qualifications on your site. You can also keep a record of when certain qualifications—such as licenses or other certifications—expire. This can help you remind volunteers to update them as necessary. This article goes over the following topics:
- Duration Options
- What Happens When a Qualification Expires
- Other Helpful Resources
There are 10 duration options that you can choose from when you create or edit a qualification, including:
- User-provided date
- With this option, volunteers are required to enter a specific date that their qualification expires when they fill out a qualification form.
- 1 or 2 weeks
- These are helpful for health-related qualifications—e.g. if you want to verify whether or not a volunteer has had any recent symptoms of illness.
- 1 or 6 months
- 1, 2, and 3 years
- First of the year
ⓘ So you know: These are from the date the qualification was answered and added to the user's profile—not from when the qualification was approved.
When a qualification expires:
- Its status changes from Active to Expired
- A notification is sent to the volunteer, letting them know of the change in status
This notification template is titled, "Notice of Expired Qualification." Click here to learn more.
You can update the status of a volunteer's qualification if necessary. To do so:
1. Go to Volunteerism > Users from your site manager panel.
2. Search for the user and click on their name.
3. From the Edit User page, click Qualifications.
4. Under Status in the table, select from the dropdown the new status for the qualification.
5. A pop-up will appear with the new status, click Ok.
When a volunteer meets a waiver qualification on your site, the signed waiver is saved on the Qualifications page of the user's profile.
When the waiver qualification expires, a new link appears in the Incomplete Waivers area of the same page.
ⓘ So you know: Your volunteers can update an expired waiver by navigating to View Profile > Qualifications. Once there, they can update their expired waivers as needed.
- For more information on managing qualifications, see Managing Qualifications.
- You can also find qualifications information in our video library on qualifications.
- For more information on waiver qualifications, see Waiver Qualifications: A Guide for Site Managers.
- You can also find waiver information in our video library on eSign waivers.