Add Race/Ethnicity to the User Profile

The profile includes gender, age (and birthdate), and even income level. Would really like to capture Race/Ethnicity as well, as an optional question like the others.

3 people like this idea

Hi, Liahann, thanks for your request. While you can add race/ethnicity to the user registration form (and access that information at any time for reporting), we do not include it in the user's profile. We have had a few requests to add different items (or remove existing items) to the profile, and we have added your request to that list. If we do make changes to the profile at some point, we'll take all of those requests into account. Thanks!

Thanks - it seemed odd that income level made the cut, and race/ethnicity did not as a standard question.  We're fine adding it ourselves once there's a way to do it without it being part of the 'quick sign-up', but still think it should be a standard option.

Thanks, will wait to see what happens

We would also appreciate race/ethnicity being added to the standard questions. 
Nina - can you let me know how to access race/ethnicity for reporting? The only way I've found is to manually filter my users by each race/ethnicity, which is very cumbersome/inefficient.

We would like race/ethnicity add to the standard questions as well.  Our accreditor has asked us to indicate race/ethnicity in our volunteer groups. This is very much in keeping with DEI and should be standard. 

1 person likes this

Hello,  everyone,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this suggestion! I will add them to our team’s enhancement board for further discussion. 

In the meantime, you can create a custom registration question for users to answer when they sign up on your site and have full control over the options they are presented with. You can then view their responses from their user profiles or export them from Volunteerism > Users

Shelley, can you tell me more about why this current option may not be meeting your needs for my notes?

Treetops Collective, I can see that you have a ticket with Shonie about your current custom question on this, which is great! She will be able to provide more in-depth, personalized answers for you in your ticket thread.

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best Regards,

Bee

Login or Signup to post a comment