Implemented

Duration Edits

It would be beneficial if we could change/edit the Duration after saving an opportunity or when cloning an opportunity.  This would save time and allow us to clone or edit opportunities vs recreating them from scratch. 

12 people like this idea

Hi, Tammi,

The way our software is coded, it's not currently possible to allow a switch from a non-shift duration for a need (Ongoing, Runs Until, Happens On) to a shift duration (Custom or Recurring). We have not received any requests for this in the forums, so other site managers are welcome to chime in and vote for this suggestion. Thanks for posting this!

Nina

Yes, it would be helpful to be able to change from a recurring shift to just varied hours especially when we clone a need. 

I would also like to have this as an option.

This echoes the post I just made recently! I would LOVE this! 

OK

yes, if you could edit recurring shifts to add new date ranges (and/or change other details) that would be great, essentially allowing you to create a master shift template.

3 people like this

Hi, all,

This is in our request list for our 2.16 build. While I can't make any promises, I do want to let everyone know that we are aware of this need, and that my team will advocate for this as an enhancement.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback!

Best,

Nina

3 people like this

Thank you for working on adding this feature!

Would love to have this feature too! I'm also struggling the the "recurring shift" option on some of my posts. I had a need recurring on Wednesdays and Saturdays and I removed one of the Saturdays we thought would not be needed. Now, I would like to add that shift back but I don't see a way to do that. Is it possible?

Would like to add April 13 to this need.

Hi, Brooke,

Thanks for chiming in! To answer your question, you can add a shift back for custom shifts but not for recurring.

Best,

Nina

I can echo what I've seen above.  We would love to be able to add additional shifts to a recurring shift, even if it's adding custom shifts to a recurring shift, that would be very helpful.  

Thanks Anna!

Looks like we've got two different requests going on in this thread so I've documented these two ideas for development as follows:

Request for the ability to change a needs duration type after it has been created/saved. 

Request for the ability to add additional shifts to a recurring shift need after the need has been created/saved. 

Let me know if I missed any important factors in either of those requests! 

Warmly,

Ali 

3 people like this

That sounds great! Thanks!

Hi everyone, 

We've got some great news! We just completed our most recent enhancement round, and managers now have the ability to clone a shifted need (duration type recurring shifts or custom shifts) and make the new clone a non-shifted need (duration type ongoing, happens on, multi-date, and runs until). 

Thank you all so much for your suggestions, and I am very happy that this one was implemented! 

Have an awesome day!

Autum

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment