"Accept Shift" button and "Decline Shirt" button

Hi

I think it would be great if we could add some features to allow people to accept or decline a shift in advance of their activity. 

We are seeing this now during COVID. As a meal delivery service to needy people, we have volunteers who have signed up months in advance for a specific date. Or some people will commit to working ever other Thursday at 2 PM, for example. 

Now we are having the issue of opportunities becoming available and people are not showing up. If we could have a button that we could embed in an email blast, we could send it 48 hours before the event. This would give people a last chance to confirm/refect their slot. Would be great if this could get in the queue. 

Thanks

Nathan

1 Comment

Hi Nathan, thanks for reaching out! I will add this to our internal enhancement list so we can review it in our upcoming meeting. 

In the meantime, I would recommend you edit your upcoming need reminder notification template, which gets sent out to volunteers a week before and also a day before the need starts. This template also lets you automatically insert a link to the need in the template by using the {{need_link}} template key. If you change the wording of this notification to instruct your volunteers to click on the link and verify that they plan on attending all of the shifts they signed up for, that would likely go a long way in making sure you have an accurate attendance list for your needs. 

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Login or Signup to post a comment