Private Opportunities at the kiosk

Hello, 

We like having the ability to make some volunteer opportunities private, but it is a problem for us that only the people who have signed up for a private opportunity can sign into it. Often private groups end up bringing people along who did not sign up ahead of time. Could there be an option inside the opportunity to select "show the opportunity to all users at the kiosk?" Or just make all volunteer opportunities visible at the kiosk -- public and private?

Thanks

1 Comment

Hi Holly, thanks for reaching out! 

I will make sure to document this idea in our enhancement request forum and bring it up in our next meeting. 

I also did some testing in the kiosk, and it possible to make a private opportunity visible in the kiosk, but there are a few conditions that need to be met first. If the user and the private opportunity are associated with the same user group, then the opportunity will be available if the user looks at the view other opportunities page. However, if the user is creating their account on the spot, they wouldn't be able to access the opportunity unless they had clicked the user group join link to sign up, so the user group leader may want to send them that ahead of time but I realize that that may not always be possible.

Thanks as always for your feedback!

Login or Signup to post a comment