Make an option for managers to choose not to send a notification email for a removed response

Hello, 

In our previous VMS we had the ability to remove volunteers for a shift (if they said they weren't going to make it or signed up by mistake) and we had the option to click a box that said "notify volunteers" and if left unclicked, they would not receive an automatic email notification. We would love the capability of choosing to notify volunteers or not.

Here's an example, I had a volunteer named Val who accidentally signed up for two custom shifts on the same day and emailed me that the morning shift was a mistake. So I went in to remove her response which was easy enough.

But then Val received an email automated notification, which said "This message is to confirm that your registration for August Daytime Food Packing has been canceled" and she was confused (because there is no template key for shift start time so she didn't know which shift was canceled) and emailed me again. 

I wish I could choose for her to not receive the cancelation notification in this scenario. 

I am having to make the notification inactive in order to prevent confusion. But if someone cancels their own registration, then they don't get a confirmation email. Please consider making it possible to remove someone form a shift without them automatically getting the notification.

Thanks for your consideration. 

- Holly

1 person likes this idea

Hi Holly, 

Thank you for adding this suggestion! From my understanding, you would like a way to select if a user receives the " Unregistered Need Volunteer Confirmation" notification when a Site Manager removes their response from an Opportunity. Does that sound right, or am I missing anything in that statement? 

Thank you so much! 

Autum

In addition, 

" It would also be great to get a pop-up that warns me when I'm about to delete a shift that has people signed up, and also the option to send a custom message at the point of deleting the shift, explaining why it's being cancelled. " 

Login or Signup to post a comment