Can the kiosk "Create Account" process include how many steps the user will do?

Hi!

Folks who show up to volunteer without an account are having trouble creating an account at the kiosk. I prefer the way the Create account process is handled through the website and wonder if it could look similar via the kiosk?

I like that after users choose the Sign Up button on the website, the next page says "Step 1 of 3: Create an Account" Step 2 is clearly finishing the waiver. The steps are clear.

But the kiosk version does not tell the user how many steps. And most people try to walk away after they finish entering their info to create an account. I wish the secondĀ step looked more like it does in the Website Sign Up process, so that everyone is prompted to do the qualification, and then the third step could say "Here to volunteer? Select from the Opportunities below" and then they could get the check-in page. (Because, can we assume if they're trying to create an account at the kiosk that they also need to check in?)

Let me know if this is possible -- we can't always have a staff person there at the account creation step to ensure people also sign the waiver and check in, but I think with minor tweaks to make the kiosk version look more like the website process would make the kiosk version more functional!

Thanks!

- Holly

kiosk view.png
(80.7 KB)

1 Comment

Hi Holly,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here! I can see how this would be helpful. Here's what I will submit for review:

• When creating an account in the check-in kiosk, show a progress bar at the top of the page, so that volunteers know if they are finished or not.

Please let me know if I've missed anything!

All the best,

Caitlin

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment