Viewing User Groups

I am able to view User Groups only by adding myself as a member, logging out and viewing the site as a volunteer. Is this correct or should I be viewing the User Group in a different way?

1 Comment

Hi Connie, 

Thank you for adding your suggestion! You can see information about the User Group as a Site Manager by going to Volunteerism > User Groups and clicking on a User Group. Once there, you will be able to see the User Group's name, public description, private description, member list, and more. This will be the easiest way to see information about the User Group! 

From my understanding, you would like to see what a User Group member sees from the user perspective. You are correct that you can do this by adding yourself to a User Group. Once you are a member of the User Group, you can go to the front end of the site by clicking View Site, then go to your profile and select My User Groups. You do not need to sign out!

You can also see the User Group from a member's perspective by assuming a member's profile, which you can do by following these steps

Does this look like a good solution, or am I missing the mark? Please let me know!

Thank you!
Autum

Login or Signup to post a comment