Adding a new user, who does not have an account

Volunteers should be able to add a new user to their team right at the beginning of the sign up process. The popup that comes up when you invite someone to your team in the "manage team" section should just pop up in the initial section to add people to your team (where you add someone who has an account). Let me know if you need further clarification. 

Hi Chloe, 

Thank you for adding your suggestion! Users can add team members who do not have an account to their Team when responding to an Opportunity without a Qualification. However, if the Opportunity/site has a Qualification, the Qualification blocks unqualified team members from being added to the Team. Because a volunteer who does not have an account on your site is unqualified (as far as the system knows), they cannot be added to the Team when the first response is being made. 

From my understanding, you would like users to be able to make a Team response and include unqualified team members in the initial response. Does that sound right, or am I missing the mark? Please let me know!

Best,

Autum

Hi Autum,

I hear you on the not being able to add unqualified members to a team. I think I am more referencing being able to invite a potential team member to make an account and be qualified. From what I have been told you can only do this under the "manage team" section of the site. I think it would be helpful to be able to input the person's email and then be able to invite them to make an account and join the team right away when creating a team. Below is the pop up (That user is not qualified for this opportunity) that comes up when you try adding a volunteer who does not have an account/ not qualified when creating a team. The second attachment is the popup that arrives under the "manage team" section when adding an unqualified or account less team member. I think this pop (where you can send an invitation, the second picture) is what should pop up in place of the first pop up when creating a team. Does that make sense? 

Hi Chloe,

Thank you for explaining this further! When you are initially creating a Team response, the response does not exist until the Team response is complete. When the response is still being processed, the Team doesn't have an ID yet, which means that it does not exist in the system. However, once the Team response is completed, the Team gets an ID and an unqualified user can be invited to join (like in your second screenshot). 

Because of how the system tracks Team IDs, it is not technically possible for us to invite a Team member to a Team that does not exist yet. The best way to add unqualified Team members is to add them after the Team response is recorded and the Team exists (from the Team Management area). 

I hope this helps clear things up!

Autum

Login or Signup to post a comment