Building Teams (without account/qualifications)

It would be very helpful to enable users to add others who do not have profiles to their teams via email address. Also, a team leader should be able to add folks to a team (whether or not users have the qualifications completed). Rather than bouncing that request, the user should receive an email informing them that someone would like them to join their team for [[x]] event and that they will need to complete the linked forms.

Otherwise, building a team is quite difficult. Can we add this feature?

1 Comment

Hi Nicholas, 

Happy Friday! I want to address both points that you make. 

It would be very helpful to enable users to add others who do not have profiles to their teams via email address. 

Fortunately, users are able to team members who do not have an account on your site by entering their email address! To do this, the user making the Team Response will need to click Add Volunteer and type in that person's email address and name. Once they do that, an Automated Notification called "Invitation to Join the Site and the Team". 

Here is a short video demonstrating how this works. 

Also, a team leader should be able to add folks to a team (whether or not users have the qualifications completed).  Rather than bouncing that request, the user should receive an email informing them that someone would like them to join their team for [[x]] event and that they will need to complete the linked forms. 

I am happy to say that this can be accomplished as well! The trick is that the Team Leader has to invite the unqualified user to join the Team after the Team Response is complete. They can do this from the Manage Teams area. 

Here is another video demonstrating how a Team Leader can send an email to an unqualified user asking them to complete the Qualification(s) and join the Team.  

I hope this information is helpful! Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. I hope you have a great weekend!
Autum

Login or Signup to post a comment