"Happens On" Shifts at midnight -- please show the actual time

Hello!

We use mostly custom shifts but every once in a while we have standalone "Happens On" shifts and it is confusing to me that they all say they happen at midnight -- the scheduling tool is actually not functional for showing me the schedule of these shifts. Several times I've had a mini panic, thinking I messed up the time when I created the opportunities! I have to go to the opportunities/needs page to see what time the shift starts.

Please make the Happens On shifts show what time they are scheduled to happen, rather than the entire day!

Thanks!

- Holly

3 people like this idea

Hi Holly, thanks for writing in!

I can definitely understand why you would like Happens On needs to work this way, and I will make sure to add this suggestion to our enhancement review. 

In the meantime, I have a workaround that often works very well for this situation, which is to create a need with a single custom shift at the specific time you want people to sign up for. 

I hope that helps, please let me know if there is some reason that you want to use Happens On needs for this situation, or if I am missing something about your use case here!

I realllly want this too! Most of our needs are "happens on". These are individual needs (shoreline cleanups) with their own location, directions, description, and they have a specific start and end time. Creating a shift is a work-around but it makes registration more complex - just doesn't make sense for volunteers to have to select a shift for a cleanup that doesn't actually have shifts.

Happy Friday! 

I wanted to give you an update on this thread, we made an update earlier this week to address this issue. Now, when a happens-on need appears in the calendar, it will display the hours description field, rather than the default shift time of a happens-on need, which starts at midnight on the day of the need. I hope this update helps make happens-on needs more user friendly, and allows you to convey important information about the time of a happens-on need to your volunteers. 

Have an excellent weekend!

Yayyyy! Thank you!

Login or Signup to post a comment