Display how many spots left

It used to be that when a volunteer scanned volunteer needs, they could see how many spaces a need had available. Now that isn't displayed and you have to click on each one to see if there is space left. I'd love to get this feature back! We post a lot of one time needs and they tend to fill up quickly. Volunteers appreciate being able to see at a glance which needs are still seeking volunteers and how many. I remember there is a setting that makes the need disappear from view when it is full but my volunteers find it confusing when they no longer see their event listed.

1 Comment

Hi July, 

Thank you for adding your suggestion! We removed the amount of spaces left in the card view of the Opportunities because when there were Opportunities with multiple shifts, the number would sometimes be huge. For example, Opportunities with 20 shifts and 5 slots per shift would show 100 spots open for an Opportunity. Many of our clients were concerned about how this appeared to volunteers, so we updated the software to remove that number. 

I wanted to go over this to explain our thought process for why we removed the number from the card view of Opportunities. I hope that makes sense! Please let me know if you have follow up questions about why we made this decision. 

I hope you're having a great Friday!

Autum

Login or Signup to post a comment