App Program Manager and site Admin quick check-in view

It would be extremely helpful to be able to pull up a list of everyone who is scheduled for the day and be able to check them in with a quick "clock in" button. 

I already wish there was an easier way to simply clock a volunteer in (not enter their whole shift hours) from the site manager desktop view but I would most like to be able to walk around and easily check in volunteers on my work phone or ipad easily for our tech averse volunteers or for when our computer is down. 

1 person likes this idea

Emma,

Do you mean being able to check in anyone on a day regardless of Program and Opportunity?

I didn't know I wanted this but now that I've seen it I think it would be so helpful.

Best,

Cody

1 person likes this

Yeah, exactly. Especially the "regardless of opportunity or shift" part, and specifically an easy way to do this on an iPad or mobile device. It would make things so much easier for me on certain days where the kiosk computer goes down or I have volunteers who I want to check in with staff specifically when they get here/leave. 

Ideally I'd love 2 versions: one where programs  managers can just pull up everyone from their program who is supposed to be coming in for the day and check them in and one where the Admin (me) can just pull up a list of everyone and simply be able to click "check in now"/Check out now" on each. 

IDK about you but we are starting to bring more volunteers in and I want to be able to establish a system where they go check in with their specific staff (program) lead or myself so they can be given a plan for the day rather than just starting in on a task themselves. 

Good morning Emma,

I saw that you posted a product suggestion in our forum, so I thought I would reach to collaborate with you about it. Just to communicate, my goal in reaching out is to be able to make sure I fully understand your suggestion, so that I can post an official product suggestion to our internal team and our internal product suggestion board.

I would love to ask, have you ever used our Agency/Program Manager Check-in List for Volunteer Check-in? An agency or program representative checks off volunteers as they arrive at the volunteer site. This option is available for all needs, and it is covered in the following article: Using the Check-in List for Volunteer Check-in.

I would love to use this Check-in List for Volunteer Check-in as a foundation for our collaboration. If you haven't used it before, I think this would be an awesome place for us to start and explore this awesome functionality on our site! If you have used it before, but it doesn't meet your existing needs, I think it would also be a great place for us to begin collaborating on your product suggestion!

Thanks, Emma!

Hi Steve, 

Thank you for reaching out and looking at this. 

Yes I have used Check-in List before, it's actually how I came to thinking about how a full name list would be useful. The issue I am running into is that it's too separated out. From the view I have been able to find it's separated  program ---> opportunity ---> shift ---> name list. We have multiple volunteers for different opportunity shifts, sometimes with different programs, on site on the same day. (Opportunities are separated out in the way they are for reporting, records, and scheduling purposes.)  From this mode, checking folks IN myside gets overly complicated. If our kiosk devise or the internet goes down, it

What I would love (ideally) is something of a "daily quick-list" for the site manager view that is a single list of names of everyone who has responded to shifts dated for the day. Honestly, the "checked-in" list is effectively formatted as just what I'm looking for, just everyone signed up instead fo just those who have been able to check in independently. 

I hope I've been able to clearly articulate what my initial idea and need. I'm happy to clarify or chat through other ideas that could supplement as well. 

Hi Emma,

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I believe I see what you mean, it seems like you like the Check-In List, but you simply feel that it is limited in its capabilities. It seems to me that you would ultimately like a Check-In List by day where you are able to select a specific day, and have a list for that day that includes all volunteers, for all opportunities, for all programs on your site is that correct?

Please let me know how I can improve on my characterization of your request, I really do want to make sure that your product suggestion contain all the details that you think are necessary!

Thanks Emma!

Hi Steve, 

Yes! That's exactly what I'm looking for. That functionality would be massively helpful for me. 

Emma

Hi Emma,

Great, thank you so much for that feedback, I really appreciate it.

I've gone ahead and added it to our forum!

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Login or Signup to post a comment