Spotlights Private Option

I would like to see an option where Spotlights can be private or public.  Ideally, I would like to see the following happen when the <private> option is selected:

1.  The definition of <private> means a user needs to be logged into the volunteer management system (VMS).

2.  The spotlight will not show up when visiting the VMS website homepage (regardless of whether a user is logged in or not).

3.  When a user logs into the VMS platform (with the <private>  option set for a spotlight), the spotlight will be displayed in the Navigation.

This would allow us to post external links (resources) to our volunteers without it being seen directly by a casual visitor.  Thus, enabling the VMS to be a centralized volunteer resource.

1 Comment

Hi, David, 

First, I appreciate you adding your thoughts to the forum! I'm definitely intrigued by the ability to have links that only volunteers can access! I would like to explore two options first that might accomplish your goals. 

1. Utilizing the Required to Use Qualification Permission -- Allows spotlights to not be viewed (in addition to the other content on the site)

or 

2. Spotlighting content to a Custom Page that has visibility set only to logged-in users.

Would the above options be viable for your need? If not, please add any additional context or thoughts so I can provide a more complete picture to our enhancements team. 

Thank you! 

Best,
Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment