Easier Steps to Adding Hours as a Manager

Hello, 

We have a couple suggestions to help our site and program managers add hours for their volunteers. 

1) We would love to have the ability to add hours to multiple users at the same time

2) When selecting responses on the Add Hours pop-up, can there be a drop down option for User Lookup and Opportunity Response Lookup of the users in that program? It takes 4 letters of a name before a user is identified. Managers could forget how to spell peoples' name, plus it would be a more efficient process 

3) Can we select a user on the main Hours page, select Add an Hour Entry, then have the user automatically populate? Please refer to the attached file. 

Let me know if any of these suggestions are possible!

Thanks,

Seth Anderson 

Hello, Seth!

We appreciate you sharing your product suggestions here in the forum! I wanted to share a few workarounds for site managers first, but I will also be sure to share your suggestions with the development team to discuss in the next enhancements meeting. 

1) Site managers can add hours in bulk from the Responses area of the site for volunteers that have responded to a specific need or opportunity using Default Hours. Is this what you are looking for or are you envisioning something different?

2) If you’re in the Volunteerism > Hours area of your site and you click Quick Add Users and Hours, it does populate with a popup that has where you enter the user’s email and a dropdown for the need/opportunity that they’ve responded to: 

• Is this something that would meet this need, or am I missing the mark? 

3) This is a great suggestion that I will share with the team, but I wanted to mention another option for submitting individual hours to users from an area on the site that does function in this way (this is also only for site managers): 

1. a) Navigate to Volunteerism > Hours > Select the volunteer’s name from the table

1. b) From the Users page, click Hours

1. c) Now, click Add Hour Entry and the user’s name will populate in the popup; however, you will need the need/opportunity response title to look up as well to add an hour entry from this area. 

I know these workarounds are really only geared toward site manager capabilities, but I did want to mention that they are there and wanted to see if these fulfill your needs or if I am misunderstanding your requests. Let me know what you think!

Best,
Bee

Hi Bee, 

Thank for you sharing those workarounds! I have a few follow up questions that focus on the Program Managers' ability to use these steps. 

1) If an opportunity is not associated with a shift or a set amount of hours, will the "ADD DEFAULT HOURS" option work? Is there an ability to select the amount of hours for a group of individuals if you're trying to add hours in bulk? (the hours of the opportunity are flexible for most of our Ongoing Volunteers so they change frequently)

2) The "QUICK ADD USERS AND HOURS" is great! Can Program Managers have that tool? I don't see it on their dashboard. Or could this pop up be the default pop up for ADD AN HOUR ENTRY?

3) This is our preferred way and what we teach our Program Managers to do. 

Thanks for your support!

Best,

Seth 

Hey, Seth!

Thank you for your follow-up questions! 

1. Default hours are established in the Hours field when a Need is created. These are used for default hours and can be adjusted when needed for ongoing opportunities. 

2. The Quick Add Users and Hours feature isn’t available for program managers since they can’t create their own users, only the site manager can do this. 

3. Awesome! I added your suggestion about having the user’s information auto-populate when adding an hour entry for our Enhancement Team to discuss. 

Thank you again for your awesome suggestions! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Best,

Bee

Login or Signup to post a comment