Close Registration option for all types of events

We are hesitant to run ongoing event types without being able to close off registration. Even the ongoing types require a staff member to be there and some preparation for the volunteer. Would be incredibly helpful to be able to close out registration and have 48 hours notice so we could prepare on our end. 

2 people like this idea

I am having the same issue with the Custom Shifts type. It won't let me close the registration. 

1 person likes this

Hi, Christen and Kourtney, 

Thanks for adding this to the board. I'll add this to our enhancements inbox promptly!

Best,

Maia Price (she/her)
Customer Success Manager
Get Connected by Galaxy Digital

Hi, it's me again!

After reviewing the request a bit more, I wanted to circle back to this topic to provide a little more background as I can see I might have been a bit sparse in my last reply! There have been a few requests regarding closing registration for the various duration types, so it's definitely something that's being discussed. While I don't have any information at the moment about plans to implement this or if it made it to the product roadmap, any additional support provides a bigger case to our product team! So, I do appreciate you adding to the forum.

That being said, I want to dive into this a little bit more to make sure I'm understanding the request fully. Utilizing a Runs Until duration type would allow for an expiration date with a similar functionality to ongoing (in that it isn't tied to one specific date). Is there a specific use case that ongoing is preferred over runs until? Any additional information would be helpful so I can clarify this info to our team. 

Best,

Maia Price (she/her)
Customer Success Manager

I primarily use Custom Shifts as the main duration for our shifts because our schedule varies significantly based on the upcoming food distributions and number of expected attendees in need of food. We don't have shifts on a regular enough basis to use the  recurring option, but we do have set shift times so the ongoing option doesn't work for us. I can't use the Runs Until, Happens On, or Multi-Date options for these regular but varied shifts because they all relate to a one-time event, as opposed to custom shifts where I can add ten or fifteen shifts to one opportunity each month. 

We update the calendar with new shifts about once per month (for the following month) and base the schedule on the previous month's food distribution statistics. Custom shifts work great for this scheduling approach, but it would be so nice to be able to "close" a shift 24 hours before so we can effectively assign roles and plan for the number of people who will attend. We also print nametags (love that feature!!) for our volunteers and when folks join last-minute, they don't get a nametag. It would make planning ahead a lot easier on us and prevent surprise additions or cancellations. 

Thanks so much!

1 person likes this

Hi, Grace,

I appreciate the extra context so much! I'll be sure to bring up this use case when we review these as a Customer Experience team.

I can definitely understand wanting to "lock in" who you're expecting the next day.

Best,

Maia Price (she/her)
Customer Success Manager

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment