Add a short delay before making new shifts public

Hi all,

We post many new shifts at once. Some are more popular than others and everyone looks to book those at once. We sometimes hold shifts in advance. We post the shift, then book immediately for those we have held them for (major donors, etc). Sometimes the general public is faster than we are and book spaces we were trying to hold.

When building new shifts, we would like to see a short delay before they go public, maybe 5 minutes. This would give us a moment to reserve all the holds and reduce our anxiety and increase our success. In my head, this would be similar to the waitlist email, which as I understand is slightly delayed before sending. 

We are also open to other solutions. Other considerations we are thinking about:

• make all opportunities private as we are building them (but this allows people who have already booked before to still see and reserve)
  • create new opportunities each time we post (but this would be messier on the backend collating data, and regular volunteers appreciate being able to use the same URL for an opportunity repeatedly, and anywhere we link to these opportunities would also have to be updated each time)

Thanks,

Cody

Hi Cody, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post! I will be sure the following request is added to our team notes for review and discussion. “The ability to apply a delay to shifts before they are viewable by the public when adding new shifts to an existing opportunity.” Please let me know if I missed anything. All the Best, Olivia

1 person likes this

That's good, thanks.

Login or Signup to post a comment