Automatic Waitlist

Hi, 

A recommendation to have the waitlist automatically move waitlist respondents to the opportunity list when more spots are opened by Program Managers. Instead of the multi step process of opening the spots and then going back to individually move each waitlist respondent.

Thank you!

1 person likes this idea

Hello Courtney!

Thank you for this suggestion! So, the way the waitlist feature currently works (when enabled) for users to go from the waitlist to a true response for a Need is: 

1. A user removes their response to a Need

2. Any users currently on the waitlist for that Need are notified via email about the open spot—this gives each user on the waitlist the chance to take the spot if they’re still available

3. Notified users can then submit a true response to the Need to be removed from the waitlist

Site managers do have to update the capacity or remove a user response from the Need to add a user response from the waitlist. This helps prevent accidental overbooking for that Need or other scheduling conflicts. 

I can see how that automated function would help streamline the process for some organizations. Just so I have the best notes for the team, would you expect a new open spot to be automatically taken up by the user on the waitlist that added themselves first?

Best Regards,

Bee

Hi Bee,

Thank you for responding. We tried the notification route for the waitlist. However, we found that before the people on the waitlist had the chance to see their emails and sign up, someone else from the community took those spots that were opened.

So the idea is that the first person from the waitlist would be automatically moved from the waitlist response to a true response when a manager opens up the spot. And as spots were opened the waitlist would fill them. Sending a new email with the updated change. Instead of having to open the spots and then go back and move people from the waitlist. 

Thanks!

Hey Courtney! 

I appreciate your reply and clarification. I will share your suggestion with our development team. I hope you have an excellent rest of your week! 

Best,
Bee

Login or Signup to post a comment