Dual E-mails

Hi Galaxy,

We use SSO for our volunteers to sign into our Galaxy VMS. The SSO e-mail address is often the volunteers private e-mail address. We like this because when we remove a volunteer from our IdP it removes their access from all our systems.

When we promote a volunteer to be a Program Manager, often we have a shared program e-mail address where e-mails go (i.e. not to the volunteers personal e-mail address).

It would be useful if the e-mail for the volunteer could be separate from the e-mail for their duties as a Program Manager.

The thought is that when you promote somebody to a PM there could be a check-box to select "Separate PM e-mail" which then allows another e-mail address to be entered. This could be a shared program e-mail box, or their volunteering org e-mail address.

Regards  Mark

2 people like this idea

1 Comment

Hi Mark, thanks for reaching out! I will make sure to add this to our enhancement list and bring it to the team in our next enhancement meeting, but I have want to make sure I understand this correctly first. 

Let's say you have a volunteer who has their personal email address on file, and that is what they use to log in with SSO. You then promote this user to a program manager, which gives them access to the program information, and causes them to start receiving emails when other volunteers sign up for opportunities from that program. 

Is the desired result that the volunteer would continue to only receive emails about their own volunteer activity and not the program's? 

Login or Signup to post a comment