share files with Program Managers

It would be great if there was a flag option to allow Files to be shared with Program Managers.

The files system already exists but it is only available for Site Managers.

However, for some sites, Site Managers may create content that Program Managers may wish to use when they create opportunities, or the files can contain their instructions and processes to support the Program Managers.

My suggestion is to either have 2 separate file systems (one exclusive for site manager, and one shared with Program Manager & Site Manager), or have a flag option to allow that site to grant file access to Program Managers.

Thank you.

Hi Laurence, 

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion about program managers having the ability to view files add by site managers in the platform. The additional information around how a site manager could designate or share files specifically with program managers and the benefits of this option is really valuable as well!   

I'll add this to our list of product suggestions to review, please don't hesitate to reach out if there are additional scenarios or suggestions you'd like to share about program manager visibility for the files!

Thanks again for your contribution and have a great day!

Beth

Beth,

Thanks for all your work!  I wanted to check and see if this option has been added.  

Am I correct, that if I save things under files, the program managers can't access them?

Thanks!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your question! At this time, program managers do not have their own Content > File area and are unable to directly access the files or documents a site manager has added on their end. I appreciate that you have connected with us about this suggestion and if it sounds like something that would be valuable for the unique needs of your organization, please feel free to add any additional details that you'd like to pass along.

In regards to implementing a suggestion, once a product suggestion is submitted it is passed along to our development team for their review. Although we review and record all product suggestions, the timeline varies for determining if a suggestion would be implemented. This article has an overview on our product suggestion and enhancement process, I think it provides some great information on how and when decisions are made around changes to the product.

It's really valuable for us to know when other site managers like an idea and one of the great things about our product suggestion forum is that other site managers can add on to the original post and share their support or use case for a feature, just like you are doing now! We continue to track and review any additional suggestions, examples, and details, and continue to pass along these updates to our development team.

If you have any other questions or details to share about how this could improve volunteer management at your organization, please don't hesitate to reply, we'll be happy to hear from you!

Best,

Beth

Login or Signup to post a comment