Automatically add first person on waitlist to an opportunity

We had a meeting with our "regular" construction volunteers yesterday, and a common problem is the waitlist. The email about a spot being open is sent out to all volunteers on the waitlist at the same time, which makes it hard for the folks who are currently volunteering to respond to before someone else gets to it. 

They all expressed that they would rather the first person on the waitlist simply be automatically added to registration, then sent an email asking that they unregister if they are no longer able to make it. 

Could you please consider this option? I am currently planning to do my best to keep an eye on the waitlist so I can add the first person from the waitlist myself, but I already know I will inevitably miss someone. 

1 Comment

Hi Miranda,

Thank you for submitting a product suggestion with us. I can totally understand why it must be frustrating when the waitlist isn't applied to the first person who was waitlisted. The intention here is to reach out to as many people as possible so that organizations will have someone as quickly as possible sign up for an opportunity that is in need asap but your use case as well has very valid reasons why there should be another option available depending on the organization's needs.

I'm happy to record your suggestion for our developers. Thank you once again Miranda and have a lovely day!

Kind regards,

Annette

Login or Signup to post a comment