Event Feature - Ongoing and Custom Question Field(s)

Hello Galaxy Digital Team,

I know that the majority of your product enhancements are focused on volunteer needs/opportunities (yay, by the way!). But if you ever consider updating the events feature, I would like to suggest the following:

1) Being able to post an "ongoing" event would be great! For example - we used a language override and call our events "Learning Opportunities" and we only offer/share these with our nonprofit partners. I have a custom form created for these partners to register for site training, but I can't share it under our events because it doesn't have a specific date (we switched to letting our nonprofits request a date/time - rather than scheduled trainings). 

2) I like the RSVP function for events, but it would be nice to be able to add a custom question sometimes.  This could also address another product suggestion to enable a group to RSVPs.  I think that could be harder to program on the backend, but adding the ability for site manages to add a custom questions to an event would help with that request and we could add other questions particular to an event. 

Thank you for considering!!

Gina Edwards, HOI United Way 

1 Comment

Hi Gina,

Good morning and thank you for reaching out! I will be happy to record these suggestions for our development and operations team to consider. I will add the following for them: 

• Allow an ongoing duration option for the Events feature
  • Allow specific custom questions to be applied to Events for volunteers to answer when they RSVP

Thank you and I hope you have a great Friday!

Autum Brown, Education Manager

Login or Signup to post a comment