Email Notification for Notes in Responses

Currently, if someone puts a note in their Response noting that they need an accommodation, no one is notified. We can see the Notes in the Responses section if we go looking for them:

I would suggest that, per Opportunity, we be able to specify Program Manager(s) and/or Site Manager(s) who will receive an email notification if a User includes Notes in their response, which includes the Notes in the email.

Thank you!

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out with your suggestion, ensuring you have the additional information a user shares when they submit their response is so important and I’m glad you connected with us about this!

I’m happy to report that when the Notice of Need Response notification, found under Communication > Notifications is set to active and a user responds to an opportunity/need, an email will be sent to the program/agency manager for the opportunity/need. This notification will display the information from the user response fields, including anything written in the additional notes section!

Here’s an example of what this notification would look like when received by the program manager:

You can find more information on this notification here to determine if it meets your needs. If it feels like a good fit, you can change the status of this notification to active and it will be sent to the program/agency manager with each volunteer opportunity response. If you'd like a site manager to receive this notification as well, you can add them as an additional notification recipient to the program or to a single opportunity as needed.

Does this sound like it would work for you? Please let me know if I can assist further and I will be happy to help!

Have a great day!

Beth 

Hi Beth -

Thanks for pointing out this notification.

Unfortunately, it's not a strong fit for our needs, since we receive hundreds of need responses on a regular basis, and have multiple program managers. We don't need all program managers to receive every need response; we want to be able to choose specific Program Manager(s) and/or Site Manager(s) to be notified of specific responses: only those with something in the Additional Notes. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Hi Christopher, 

Thanks for getting back to me and I appreciate the context and clarification around your request! The current workflow does not support sending automated notifications based on if an opportunity response contains additional notes and I understand that you are looking for the ability to further specify when a notification would be sent and who will receive the notification. I’ll write up the details of your request and add it to our list of suggested product enhancements to review. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your product suggestion with us an please feel free to respond with anything else you'd like to see related to this automated notification suggestion!

Have a great day!

Beth

Thank you, Beth! Appreciate it.

Login or Signup to post a comment