Custom shifts as teams-only

I would like to create shifts for teams under the same opportunity that individuals sign up for. We usually create teams for groups, vs them create a team for themselves. I have the opportunity set to "allow teams? Yes." 

I would also like to be able to add new shifts that are for teams only so individuals do not have a chance to respond in the time it takes between me adding shifts and getting a team signed up. 

I would also appreciate if I could change the title for particular days. Ex: "Johnson Village: Women Build Day," or, "Johnson Village: Rotary Club." 

I ask this because, when individual volunteers see that the shift is full, they add themselves to the waitlist, not realizing this day was reserved for a group. 

Hi, Miranda,

Thanks for reaching out! Currently, for this process you describe, we recommend creating a separate private opportunity that is either assigned to a user group (thereby making it visible to those in the user group) or sending them the direct link to the private opportunity.

In the meantime, I will log in our enhancements requests: "The ability for site managers and/or program managers to reserve a shift for a specific user group" and will add to the request "The ability to rename shifts within an opportunity."

Thanks!

Maia Price
Customer Success

Thank you for adding this to your enhancement requests. The reason we would like to keep this under the main opportunity, rather than creating a private opportunity for only groups, is because we sometimes have groups who do not have a full team, and we want the ability to add individual volunteers when a group does not fill up.

Login or Signup to post a comment